Dr. Jonathan H. Westover is an award-winning international best selling author on organizational culture and the future of global work, and is a professor of Organizational Leadership. He interviews Tish Squillaro about counteracting the negative thought patterns that hinder good decision making.
Some of the topics Tish covers are:
- The concept of “HeadTrash”, which is any pattern of self-defeating feelings and thoughts that leads you into trouble and keeps you stuck there.
- How fear, insecurity, control, paranoia, arrogance, anger and guilt affect decision making.
- How guilt specifically can keep managers from making tough decisions, including promoting team members who don’t deserve it, or keeping people in roles they shouldn’t be in.
- How not controlling emotions can cause bad decisions for the business because it’s easier not to have the tough conversation, which can result in attrition.
- The importance of team chemistry for companies to scale.